Traditional to Digital Resources // Digital Art Instruction for Traditional Artists
What is it?
What started as a series of lives streams on YouTube has turned into a course that is growing every day. A comprehensive video series covering everything you need to know to get started in digital art.
This course is for all the materials, resources and downloads generated through the live streams.
The lives streams are FREE on YouTube!! Link to playlist
Who is it for?
This is for any artists interested in digital painting with a focus on traditional artists looking to enhance their current work with the power of digital painting.
- A free digital painting software that is absolutely fantastic.
- Available on Windos, OSX and Linux
- Minimum requirements to run Krita
- Pen Display, Tablet, Pen Tablet
- All instruction is using an Xp-pen 24" pro but you can use any screen that allows you to paint/draw with a stylus.
What is in this course so far?
- 01 Krita Tutorial from Zero
- Starting with a fresh install of Krita I show you how to get all setup for digital painting goodness!
- 02 Krita Brush Creation and Shortcuts
- Popup palette, Shortcut cheat sheet, Brush favorites, Pattern creation for paper and brushes, Editing brushes. Complete tutorial on alpha channels. All files for download!
- 03 Thumbnail Compositions
- Why thumb nailing is important. A Design Process Sheet Krita file to walk you through the fundamentals of design and composition.
- 04 Sketching & Brushes
- We download some amazing brushes and use them in a landscape and a portrait. Then we talk a lot about composition
- 05 Curriculum Outline & Idea Creation
- I'm getting more organized with this course by providing an outline that will take us through all the principles of creating art. I covered one of those principles, the first one, Idea creation.
- 06 Principles of Composition - Dividing Space
- All about the Principles of Composition with a deep dive into Dividing Space.
- 07 Principles of Composition - Dividing Space Continued
- Continued into all the different ways we can divide up the picture plane to tell a better story.
- 08 Principles of Composition - Emphasis
- Emphasis is all about setting a focal point and using many tool to lead the viewer to it and keep them there.
- 09 Principles of Composition - Emphasis Continued
- Lots more to cover with Emphasis and continuing to provide practical tools for emphasizing the focal point of a composition.
- 10 Principles of Composition - Balance
- Defining balance within a composition and showing that it's more than having the same on either side.
- 11 Principles of Composition - Unity
- The whole painting should function as one consistent painting. There shouldnʼt be parts that look disjointed or created by another artist.
- 12 Perfect Warmup in Krita
- We've moved on to the drawing phase and I've got the best warmup for you that you can do every day in less than 10 minutes.
- 13 Measuring for Drawing Accuracy
- All about measuring so you can reproduce what you see accurately.
- 14 JUST DRAW!
- I spend the whole time drawing and giving you a few ideas of how you can go about drawing. There are a multitude of ways to draw!
- 15 Starting a Painting
- We decided to take this live stream through the entire painting process from idea to digital to oil painting. SOUP TO NUTS!
- 16 Finding Ideas for a Painting
- All about resources for getting those creative juices flowing so you can come up with amazing ideas to paint.
- 17 Painting Idea Refinement
- We've got our idea! Now it's time to collect assets. Even more resources to use for finding the perfect images that help bring your idea to life!
- 18 Painting Design Process
- Today we took our idea of embodying the Tiger and persevering through any challenge into my awesome design process document.
- 19 Painting Design Process Part 2
- We've moved on from the writing portion of our design process Krita document and into Thumbnails!
- 20 Painting Design Process Part 3
- An extra long recording today to get the other 5 thumbnails complete and we've come up with a great design!
- 21 Tiger Composition Sketches Part 1
- 22 Tiger Composition Sketches Part 2
- 23 Tiger Composition Sketches Part 3
- 24 Krita Composition Tutorial Last Step!
- 25 Krita Tiger Painting Part 1
- 26 Krita Tutorial - Tiger Drawing Part 2
- 27 Drawing in Krita - Tiger Part 3
- 28 Drawing a Tiger in Krita Part 4
- 29 How to Draw a Tiger in Krita Part 5
- 30 How to Paint a Tiger in Krita Part 1
- 31 How to Use Krita: Tiger Painting Part 2
- 32 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 3
- 33 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 4
- 34 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 5
- 35 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 6
- 36 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 7
- 37 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 8
- 38 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 9
- 39 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 10
- 40 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 11
- 41 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 12
- 42 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 13
- 43 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 14
- 44 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 15
- 45 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 16
- 46 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 17
- 47 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 18
- 48 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 19
- 49 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 20
- 50 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 21
- 51 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 22
- 52 Krita Tutorial Tiger Painting Part 23
- 54 Tiger Oil Painting Drawing Check
NOTICE : The price tag doesn't include VAT. Gumroad processes all transactions in USD. Customers outside of the US may be subject to an additional fee for international purchases, depending on the policies of their credit card company.
Continuous access to all the downloads and resources associated with the ongoing live course